IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED ADVICE THAT YOUR NOPOWERTXT SYSTEM HAS SENT a high number of MESSAGES FOR THE PAST MONTH
If you are receiving an unusual amount of messages and are aware of the reason, turn your NoPowerTXT off remotely by texting OFF to your NoPowerTXT handset. Once the problem is resolved, simply turn it back on again by texting ON to your NoPowerTXT handset
- Only send alert messages to one person. It really causes more confusion sending alert messages to two people anyway, as you then need to decide who is going to deal with the outage. The person to be notified can easily be changed either at the handset or remotely. Please refer your handbook or click here for instructions on how to do this.
- Set your Power Disconnected delay to 30 minutes. This will stop unnecessary messages being sent if your power goes and off then back on again within that timeframe. Obviously, if it’s been off for more than a half an hour, it’s probably time you knew about it.
- Set your Power Connected delay to 2 minutes. This will give you time to cancel the message if you’re the one reconnecting the power. It also ensures that you are notified quickly if a third party has restored your power.
- From the SETTINGS section within NoPowerTXT, set the Follow Up reminder to a reasonable time for someone to attend to the problem before reminding you that the power outage is still occurring. This is usually 4-hours.
If work is being done that is affecting the power supply, turn NoPowerTXT to OFF mode either at the handset or by texting “off” to your NoPowerTXT. You can always check the power status by texting the word “status” to your NoPowerTXT unit from your everyday handset. It will respond with the current power status.
For boaties, when you go out for the day, turn NoPowerTXT to AUDIO mode so it won’t send messages whenever you are turning on or off your generator. If you have the reminder set to, say, four hours, it will remind you if you’ve left it in that mode four hours after the last movement of power, which is usually when you have reconnected to shore power. You can then turn it on remotely by texting “on” to the unit. If you usually go for longer than four hours without using the genset, extend the time to say six or eight hours or whatever suits your pattern.
If you would prefer to send more messages per month, there are options to upgrade your subscription, as follows:
- 1000 messages – $189 per annum
- More? So far, not needed, but can be easily and cheaply arranged.
Please contact us to work out an upgrade.